Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Goodbye Texas!

So we leave tomorrow morning and Ben and I just got done packing everything...barely. I have no idea how the hell I managed to pack a years worth of clothes, shoes, and toiletries in two suitcases, but I have a feeling I am going to be paying extra for overweight baggage. Ben’s bags are stuffed to the brim too, which is probably because he helped me out with my overflow.

We just found out that after we get to the Incheon Airport (in Seoul) on Friday night we have to take a 4 hour bus trip to Jeonju. A man named Mr. Kang will be meeting us at the airport and he will help us get our bus tickets and someone (probably our director, Helen) will be greeting us at the bus terminal in Jeonju. It’s going to be a VERY long trip and I hope it all goes smoothly. The last thing I’d want is a delayed flight or lost baggage. So cross your fingers for us!!!

Ben and I have been pigging out on “American” food all week…I think I’ll miss tex-mex food the most and mashed potatoes. There will definitely be a lot of things I’ll miss… ALL my friends in Austin/Texas, Barton Springs, Hamilton Pool, kicking Sean and Adrienne’s butts in Hearts :), cooking home cooked meals every night…I could go on and on, but I think I’ll miss my kitty cat Lady most of all!! (Thanks a lot to Ros and Brian Darling who will be looking after her for the next year. I know she is in the best of hands!)

But no worries about what I’ll miss. I can’t wait for the surprises and adventures that await us!! We’ll be updating you all as soon as we can! Wish us luck!

Talor

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Right now you are on your way to Korea, and I hope your trip is going great. It was so good to talk to you guys last night, and I will miss you both so much.

*L said...

hi! it's lauren mcclendon. I'm going to be vicouriously living through you guys and reading your blog. it sounds like it's going to be an amazing experience and I wish y'all the best of luck!